6-week course - for or puppies that have completed the foundation class or aged 6 – 12 months.
We also operate these classes on a rolling theme, this allows owners to attend when they are able or who cannot commit to a weekly lesson. (Applies to clients who have completed the puppy foundation course or have completed one of our other training courses - for example, private sessions).
This course continues the learning for you and your young dog. We will introduce distractions and ask for increased focus in different situations. We will show you how to use games to increase your value to your dog when out and about in different environments – your dog will see you as the fun person they will choose to be with. You will learn new skills that will help you deal with situations that may arise as your puppy starts to become an adult. We will discuss the adolescent period, how it can affect your dog`s behaviour and how to deal with any problems that may arise during this time.
What will be covered in this course
• Adding distractions, duration, and distance to all the foundation behaviours from the puppy course
• Practising recall and lead walking in more challenging environments
• Off-lead heel work with distractions
• Teaching an Emergency stop
• Send away
• Incorporating games and fun obstacles to increase flexibility, co-ordination and build confidence
• Introducing scent work
No reviews were found.