By booking and paying for The Happy Dog Haven training services, it is deemed you agree and accept the following terms and conditions.
Training Venue - outdoors
- Please note that our outdoor training venue is situated on a working farm – be aware there maybe livestock housed on the yard, plus movement of large machinery. Our clients access the site at their own risk and The Happy Dog Haven, their agents or the landowners accept no liability for any injury, loss or damage to yourself, your dog(s), your property, your vehicle, or any persons accompanying you. Parking is entirely at your own risk.
- Access is given to our clients to travel in a vehicle to the parking area and on foot from the parking area directly to the training space. Please only park in the designated parking area and do not deviate into other areas of the farm. There is strictly no access beyond the metal gates.
- Dogs must be secured in your vehicle when you arrive, then secured on lead when exiting your vehicle. All dogs to be kept on lead whilst moving from the farmyard to the training field. Anyone not abiding with this condition will be asked to leave and may be banned from the site. In these circumstances – no refunds will be given and any pre – paid bookings will be forfeited.
- There are no toilet facilities available on site.
- There are no bins on site. All dog waste/rubbish should be picked up and taken away with you.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and time of year for outdoor training. Unless informed otherwise – training will go ahead regardless of the weather if it is safe to do so. If you choose not to attend due to weather conditions, you will forfeit your pre – paid session.
- Please make sure your dog has a short walk before training. Avoid feeding for at least an hour before attending training. Water is available on site.
- Please have your dog in a normal flat collar, a well fitted harness with a 2m training lead – we recommend Halti 6ft adjustable training lead. Extendable leads are not permitted for training sessions. We are happy to advise on the best equipment for your dog.
- The training techniques used by The Happy Dog Haven are based on the principles of positive reinforcement and as such, are kind, fair and reward based. Harsh handling of dogs, physical force and the use of punitive methods will not be permitted in training sessions. This includes the use of any equipment designed to be aversive, including slip leads, check chains, choke chains, head halters, prong collars, spray collars, e – collars or any other device that may cause unnecessary discomfort to the dog.
- You are responsible for your own and your dog`s safety at all times. Dog must be kept on a lead or longline unless instructed otherwise by the trainer.
- Please ensure you bring your dogs favourite food/treats to training to use as rewards. Cheese, cooked chicken, hot dog sausages or similar are all good. Do make sure you bring enough to last the whole session, along with a couple of favourite (non-squeaky) toys.
- Please arrive in plenty of time for your class or session. If there is a class in progress, please keep the gateways free to allow safe exit and entry without incident.
- We have a variety of dogs/puppies who may attend training with us, and we want everyone to feel comfortable and enjoy themselves at our classes. Please do NOT allow your dog/puppy to pull on the lead and approach another dog, unless specifically instructed to do so by the trainer as part of the training session. Firstly, it is not good learning for the dog/puppy to be dragging you to other dogs/puppies. Plus, if the other dog/puppy is nervous it will be overwhelmed and will have a negative affect on future dog to dog meetings. Good socialisation is about positive experiences and learning to control social impulses. Feel free to increase the distance between your own dog and any other dog should you feel your dog needs more space. Please follow this same protocol in the car parking area too.
- Family members are welcome to attend but are the sole responsibility of the adult they are attending with and must not approach or touch other dogs or farms animals without permission. Children are to remain with the parent or guardian if not training or handling their own dog. Children should not offer food to other dogs taking part in the class or act in any way that may be distracting to other dogs or people. Children under 16 need to be accompanied by an adult.
Bookings, payments, and Cancelations
- Please note - The Happy Dog Haven does not offer Pay as You Go, Pay on the day options, or part payment options for group lessons, 1-2-1 sessions or any other dog training/behaviour service.
- All fees must be paid at the time of booking, prior to the service commencing.
- Payment should be made via the website booking system or BACs.
- You will receive confirmation of your booking by email or text/ WhatsApp once your payment has been received.
- Service will not be provided until payment is confirmed.
- New group courses are available in consecutive 6-week blocks.
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme courses are consecutive 7-week blocks.
- Nonattendance will result in the loss of that week’s session for group bookings.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation by The Happy Dog Haven, the lesson will be re-scheduled, or you will be credited the lesson.
- Details of workshops will be published on the website and FB when available.
- Payment is in advance to secure booking - payment and cancellation terms apply as above.
Monthly membership holiday breaks
- We offer a monthly membership scheme for clients that have previously completed one of our courses, workshops or 1-2-1 sessions and wish to continue their training journey with their dog(s).
- This is on a rolling monthly membership basis with a monthly fee payable in advance by standing order, BACs or through the website payment system.
- Membership fees are due on the day of your renewal each month for that month e.g., payment due 1st January for the period 1st – 31st January.
- If you, the client is unable to attend your usual training time/day, providing you have given 48hrs notice, we will endeavour to transfer you to another suitable class within the same month. However, this is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of The Happy Dog Haven.
- Should there be no suitable class available or less than 48hrs notice is given – you will forfeit that lesson. It cannot be carried forward to the following month.
- Only one transfer is permitted per month.
Clients on the monthly membership may temporarily suspend membership for holidays etc. without losing their place with the following criteria and prior agreement: -
Monthly membership cancellations
- We have received 2 weeks’ notice by email.
- To ensure continuity and momentum in training, you re – start the membership scheme within a 4-week period.
- Two weeks’ notice is required for cancellation of the Membership Scheme e.g., you no longer wish to continue with the next month Membership.
- Notice must be given by email.
- All other cancellation terms apply as below.
Filming and Photography
- Under the Consumer Rights Act you may cancel your purchased service within a period of 14 working days, beginning the moment you place your order.
- However, there is no right of cancellation where the purchased service begins within this 14-day period. By agreeing to our terms, you agree to waiver your right to cancel if the service starts within 14 days of making the booking.
- There will be no refunds for any pre-paid classes, workshops, one to one session, home consultations or any other service provided by the Happy Dog Haven (except for the Consumer Rights within 14 days above)
- In the unlikely event The Happy Dog Haven cancel any training sessions due to weather, illness, holidays, or unforeseen circumstances, your lesson will be rescheduled to another day/time, or you will be credited the missed lesson.
- If your dog is ill, injured or cannot attend training for any reason – the client is advised to still attend the session on their own so they can continue training their dog at home.
- Bitches in season may not be able to take part in group classes but can continue training with 1-2-1 sessions. Please discuss with us prior to your lesson.
- Photographs, videos, or digital recordings may be taken of training sessions for the use of advertising and training purposes by The Happy Dog Haven. You (the client) acknowledge that all such images are the property of The Happy Dog Haven and give consent, without compensation, to use, reproduce and alter images, in print and electronic form (including the internet, social media, advertising leaflets etc.) either alone or in combination with other texts and graphics. If you do not wish you or your dog to be filmed or photographed, please inform us by email [email protected]
- Any written feedback (e.g., by email, text, feedback forms, review pages etc.) maybe used for marketing purposes (for example on the website) Only the first name of the person will be used as identification. Please let us know if you have any objection to your feedback being used in this way.
- You are permitted to take photos and video of you and your dog during training. You are not permitted to take any video or photography or voice recordings of other clients or the instructors. Any footage taken during the training sessions cannot be used to promote or market other services or businesses.
- The Happy Dog Haven reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog. It may also be used to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties. Any personal details we hold will be securely stored in compliance with GDPR 2018. We may send occasional emails with information regarding upcoming events relating to dog training or promotions. If you do not wish to receive these, please unsubscribe by sending an email to [email protected]